In order to make the drop off and pick up process as safe, efficient and convenient as possible, SSCV has adopted the following procedures for drop off and pick up of athletes. Also note that the Town of Vail and Vail Resorts Base Area Operations expect SSCV to manage congestion and delays on Vail Valley Drive so we also ask for your cooperation in minimizing our impact on the traffic flow.
During periods of high traffic in the SSCV Clubhouse driveway, a backup of cars may form on Vail Valley Drive. When dozens of cars arrive all at the same time, your patience and speedy pick-up and drop-off practices will help expedite the process for you and your fellow SSCV members. If you see a backup on Vail Valley Drive, please pass the Clubhouse so as not to add to the congestion and return when vehicles are able to enter the driveway again.
Driveway use is for active loading and unloading of athletes and gear. Parents are asked to remain with their vehicle at all times. There is no parking allowed in the drop-off or travel lanes in the Clubhouse driveway.
Please be aware of the following pick-up and drop-off procedures:
- All vehicles must enter from the west and exit to the east. It is recommended that vehicles approach from the west side of Vail Valley Drive (rather than coming in from the golf course) because turning left into the driveway may be a challenge during busy periods.
- The driveway will split into three lanes. The left and right lanes are for loading and unloading. The middle lane is for thru traffic only. Under no circumstances is parking or pick-up/drop-off standing in the middle lane allowed. Please also note, the right lane will pass under a clubhouse overhang — no high clearance vehicles!
- Pull all the way up to the furthest available parking spot. Do not hang back and wait. If a vacancy ahead opens up, keep moving forward. This is critical to getting cars off Vail Valley Drive.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended. Make a plan to meet your athlete(s) on the front side of the building. Coaches have also been instructed to usher athletes to the front of the clubhouse. Keep your vehicle running.
- Load and unload your athletes quickly. If you would like to visit the clubhouse or speak with a coach, please park in the Vail Village parking structure and ride the in-town shuttle over to Golden Peak.
- Do not show up early. You will receive further communication from your program manager about pick-up and drop-off times. These times are intentionally staggered. Arriving early and waiting in the driveway will cause congestion.
- Have a conversation with your athlete(s). Make sure he or she knows where and when to meet.
It is important to remember that, while the new driveway is a huge improvement from our current situation, and even more spacious than the old driveway, it simply is not possible for us to supply even short-term parking to our membership of more than 600 athletes. Parking lanes are for active loading and unloading only.