WC tuning service for an athlete’s entire fleet of skis.
Athletes signing up for the Elite Program work daily with their coach, the Equipment Manager, and Tune Shop staff to set up and maintain equipment for optimal, consistent performance day in and day out, whether training or racing. Elite Tuning Program athletes have access to service at home in Vail throughout the year for home training and to prepare equipment for travel (camps or away races).
The Elite program includes:
- Unlimited equipment service
- Overnight turn -around every night except Sunday for Monday
- Race prep with race specific wax based on conditions
- Initial preparation for all athlete skis
- Setting and maintenance of edge bevels
- Wax, scrape, brush cycles
- Base Grinding (flattening of ski base, new structure, postgrind conditioning) as needed in season
- Base repair
- Binding mounting, ramp angle evaluation and lifter install
- Standardized equipment set up with data cataloged for reference and in season set up replication
- Storage for two to six pairs of skis at shop depending on program
- Additional storage can be purchased
* Race waxing is not available at away competitions, however athletes will depart for away races with their entire ski quiver prepped for racing. Individual athletic programs provide an overlay option at the event where necessary. Full coordination between the athlete and coaching staff with support from the Equipment Manager ensures any equipment preparation required at away races is appropriate for the conditions and executed successfully to athlete and coach expectations.
Elite Tuning Prices
- FIS Athlete: $2,950
- U16 Athlete: $2,950
- U14 FT Athlete: $2,950
- U12 FT Athlete: $2,500
- U14/U16 PT Athlete: $1,550
- U10 Athlete: $1,550
- Age Class Prep: $900