Future Stars | YOB 2013-2016 (1 or 2 day)
A strong fundamental skill base will enable children to develop to their personal potential and specialize in their future area of interest. There is no better way for kids to learn about their potential, limits, friendships and sportsmanship while learning a lifelong pastime. They will acquire the very best skiing skills with an introduction to safety, etiquette and competition arena protocols. The program is primarily alpine focused, but will expose participants to all three on-mountain skiing disciplines (Alpine, Freeski, and Mogul).
Coaches will work with Future Stars to build a strong fundamental skill base and spend time in each category of venue. This will provide children with an opportunity to discover their personal area of interest. As kids learn about the basic aspects of the various disciplines, they will also be introduced to the safety, etiquette and competition arena protocols.
- Year of birth 2013-2016
- PSIA Level 5+ Skiing Ability Developing skills to enhance parallel skiing
- Models the skier’s Responsibility Code
- Can demonstrate proper pole position, may or may not use a pole plant
- Can comfortably ski all green and gentle blue terrain
- May start turns with a wedge entry and match skis early in the turn above the fall line
- Can consistently stop in both directions using a hockey stop
- Can comfortably ride a chair lift independently with an adult companion