Over the past three seasons, SSCV has seen middle school and high school athletes achieve at the highest levels in youth competition. At the 2019 USASA National Championships, SSCV saw 11 medals resulting in multiple invitations to the US Team Gold Camp and US Rookie Team. We have also had athletes receive multiple invitations to Junior Worlds, Youth Olympics, and FIS World Cup.
In addition to on-snow training, full-time programming offers many more opportunities to help these athletes achieve their goals including:
- coach conducted individual goal setting
- mid-season and end-of-season evaluations
- daily video and video review
- training at top of the line indoor trampoline facility and brand new indoor/outdoor supertramp
- for full-time high school, middle school and PG plus athletes, physical trainers, workout facility and dryland
SSCV’s Freeski coaching staff is led by the below team, each of whom has many years of experience coaching athletes to elite levels in their sport.
- Freeski and Snowboard Program Director: Chris Laske
- Head Freeski Park and Pipe Coach: Willis Engelhart
- Head Freeride Coach: Matt Luczkow
We were voted…
The only snowsport program to ever win back to back!
- US Ski and Snowboard Freeski Club of the Year 2021
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2014
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2013