Over the past two seasons, SSCV has seen middle school and high school athletes achieve at the highest levels in youth competition. At the 2019 USASA National Championships, SSCV saw 11 medals resulting in multiple invitations to the US Team Gold Camp and US Rookie Team. We have also had athletes receive multiple invitations to Junior Worlds, Youth Olympics, and FIS World Cup.
In addition to on-snow training, full-time programming offers many more opportunities to help these athletes achieve their goals including:
- coach conducted individual goal setting
- mid-season and end-of-season evaluations
- daily video and video review
- training at top of the line trampoline facility
- for full-time high school, middle school and PG athletes, physical trainers, workout facility and dryland
SSCV’s Freeski coaching staff is led by the below team, each of whom has many years of experience coaching athletes to elite levels in their sport.
- Freeski and Snowboard Program Director: Chris Laske
- Head Park and Pipe Coach: Willis Engelhart
- Head Big Mountain Coach: Matt Luczkow
We were voted…
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2014
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2013
There is currently only one pathway for big mountain junior athletes to compet and rise through the ranks.
Below are the pathways for park and pipe athletes to compete:
- USASA– United States of America Snowboard Association in their Rocky Mountain Series
- US Ski & Snowboard – US Ski and Snowboard events are available to athletes ages 14 years and older. These events are a must for our older athletes who are in 8th-12th grade and PGs. These competitions lead to even higher levels, such as the US Freeskiing Team, Project Gold, World Cups and the Olympics.