Over the past four seasons, SSCV has seen middle school, high school and post-graduate athletes achieve at the highest levels in youth competition. In the 2021-2022 season two former SSCV freeski athletes qualified for the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing and four current and former SSCV athletes were nominated for the 2022-2023 US Freeski Team. In addition, during the 2021-2022 season SSCV freeski athletes achieved two second place finishes in Junior Worlds, two nominations to Junior Worlds, nine Rev Tour podiums and first place and third place overall NorAm titles in halfpipe. At the 2019 USASA National Championships, SSCV saw 11 medals resulting in multiple invitations to the US Team Gold Camp and US Rookie Team. SSCV has also had athletes receive multiple invitations to Junior Worlds, Youth Olympics, and FIS World Cup.
During the 2021-2022 season SSCV Freeride athletes achieved a first place finish at Junior Worlds, four podiums at Freeride Nationals and seven IFSA National podiums.
In addition to on-snow training, full-time programming offers many more opportunities to help these athletes achieve their goals including:
- coach conducted individual goal setting
- mid-season and end-of-season evaluations
- daily video and video review
- training at top of the line indoor trampoline facility and indoor/outdoor supertramp
- for full-time high school, middle school and PG plus athletes, physical trainers, workout facilities and dryland
SSCV’s Freeski coaching staff is led by the below team, each of whom has many years of experience coaching athletes to elite levels in their sport.
- Freeski and Snowboard Program Director: Chris Laske
- Head Freeski Park and Pipe Coach: Willis Engelhart
- Head Freeride Coach: Matt Luczkow
We were voted…
The only snowsport program to ever win back to back!
- US Ski and Snowboard Freeski Club of the Year 2021
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2014
- USSA Freeski Club of the Year 2013