Ski & Snowboard Club Vail programs focus on developing character, courage and commitment at all levels. For those athletes with the athletic skill and commitment to take their training to a higher level, we offer full-time programming. Our full-time programs provide athletes the opportunity to further strengthen their physical and mental abilities through excellent coaching, increased time on snow and the support of a competitive peer group.
SSCV full-time admissions for the 2024- 2025 season have come to a close. However, we will continue to review inquiries on a case-by-case basis. Enrollment for all new athletes for the 2024- 2025 season will launch June 1st. In the meantime, please get to know our program offerings, learn about our academic partners and understand our admissions process.
SSCV Full-Time Athlete Programs
Our Academic Partners
In order to support the success of our full-time athletes on and off the snow, SSCV has cultivated academic partnerships within our local community. While these partner schools work closely with SSCV to support student-athletes, it is important to note that each school has their own application or approval process that is separate from the SSCV admissions process. Here are the links for getting in touch with the respective schools to confirm enrollment and/or learn about their admissions requirements:
The full-time admissions process is designed to provide prospective full-time athletes and their families the opportunity to learn about all aspects of being a full-time athlete at SSCV. It is also designed to enable SSCV to learn more about the applicant and determine the best fit for all involved.
- Connect: Contact SSCV Admissions and Academics Manager Taylor Farquharson via email with your athlete’s name, year of birth, discipline/snowsport and any recent video you have of them performing their discipline/snowsport.
- Video Review: Program directors and head coaches will review the video provided and follow up with you about next steps.
- On-Snow Evaluation: Based on video review, program directors and/or head coaches will invite athletes to train with their peer group. These evaluations will begin in early January and will be dependent on the program’s training schedule. (Liability waivers must be completed for any non-SSCV athletes before they join us on snow.)
- Personal/Family Interview: Before, during and/or after the on-snow evaluation, athletes (and potentially their families) will participate in an interview with the respective program director or coach. This allows both athletes and SSCV to ask any questions they may have.
- Determination: SSCV full-time admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis starting in early January through early to mid-spring. Spots may fill up quickly, so we encourage you to begin and complete the admissions process for SSCV and its academic partners as soon as possible. If spots remain available after March 31, SSCV will continue to review applications through April 30 on a rolling basis and thereafter on a case-by-case basis.
Scholarship is available from SSCV to support up to 100% of SSCV athletic program fees. Please see our Scholarships Page for details, including the scholarship application process and related deadlines.