A message from SSCV Member Services
Manager Kristina Krone
I want to alert you to the fact that medical insurance does not cover emergency medical evacuation; it covers hospital and doctor costs once you are in a hospital. The cost of evacuation can often cost upwards of $100,000.
For those of you not familiar, Global Rescue is a service that fills this gap. Global Rescue provides worldwide medical evacuation from the slopes back to the member’s home hospital of choice. Global Rescue is also the preferred provider of the U.S. Ski Team, along with many ski academies and clubs across North America.
Annual student memberships cost $259 and offer coverage anywhere in the world, including the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Club Vail athletes and their families will receive a 5 percent discount at the time of purchase. Family plans are also available.
- Field Rescue from the point of illness or injury
- Evacuation back to the member’s home hospital of choice
- 24 hour medical advisoryservices from critical care paramedics and in-house physicians
- Deployable medical teams to the patient’s bedside
- Specialists at Johns Hopkins Medicinereviewing every case to ensure the best outcome
- Global network of medical Centers of Excellence
- Services provided up to a cost of $500,000
A Ski & Snowboard Club Vail athlete traveling internationally must have medical evacuation insurance in place prior to travel and we highly recommend Global Rescue. We also strongly recommend that other SSCV athletes who will be traveling, although not internationally, purchase a Global Rescue membership prior to travel.
Please click here to sign up. Also, check out the Global Rescue video, featuring member testimonials and live footage of rescues. If you have questions, or would like to sign up on the telephone, you can call Global Rescue at 1-800-381-9754.
Ski/ride safe and all the best!
Ski & Snowboard Club Vail Member Services Manager