Out with the old, in with the new — October is a great time to clear out unwanted ski and snowboard equipment while earning cash to buy something new.
The Annual Vail Ski & Snowboard Swap returns for it’s 48th year Oct. 20-22. The event, which raises funds for Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, is a great way to buy and sell gear for the upcoming season. Products featured at the Swap span across all snowsport disciplines: alpine, snowboard, telemark and Nordic. The Swap also presents an array of new soft goods and accessories, such as jackets, pants, helmets, gloves and goggles, as compiled by vendors from around the region.
A percentage of sales from the Swap benefit Ski & Snowboard Club Vail, helping the organization fulfill its mission to inspire character growth and excellence in young athletes throughout the Vail community.
How to sell
The best way to sell your gear is by participating in the next early drop-off event this Saturday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at Colorado Mountain College in Edwards, Brush Creek Elementary School in Eagle or Golden Peak Children’s Ski School in Vail. The final opportunity to drop off you gear will be Thursday, Oct. 9 from noon-7 p.m. at Dobson Ice Arena in Lionshead.
Not sure what your gear is worth? Ski & Snowboard Club Vail staff and volunteers will be on hand to help you set the best price. If your gear sells during the Swap, SSCV will take a 30 percent commission and mail you a check for the remaining 70 percent. It’s that easy and sure beats letting equipment collect dust in the garage.
To make the process a bit more expedient, feel free to download and print the check-in form and fill it out prior to drop off.
New this year: You can now check the status of your items that are sold during the Swap by using the tag numbers and going to vailskiswap.com.
Upcoming gear drop-off dates:
When: Saturday, Oct. 14 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Where: Colorado Mountain College in Edwards, Brush Creek Elementary School in Eagle or Golden Peak Children’s Ski School in Vail.
When: Thursday, Oct. 19 from Noon-7 p.m.
Where: Dobson Ice Arena in Lionshead